[Haskell-cafe] Exporting Haskell Libraries to C Programmers

Bruce, Joseph R (Joe) joseph.bruce at pnl.gov
Tue Feb 19 15:59:00 EST 2008

I have a Haskell library that I want to make available via FFI to C
programmers on my project team.  I read this thread
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe/21447) which had
some interesting ideas, but they seemed unresolved.  Or maybe it answers
my question but I don't understand it.

Is there a way I can package (ghc-)compiled Haskell code into a
statically-linked library and not force the C programmers to include
headers and libraries that they have no knowledge of and undefine a
seemingly endless list of preprocessor symbols (run ghc with the verbose
flag and look at the calls to gcc)?  Can this process be automated?