[Haskell-cafe] Arrow combinator names

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:01:20 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Tom Davies <tgdavies at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there generally accepted English language names for the arrow
> combinators?
> >>> compose?

Well, compose usually means something with type  (a c d -> a b c -> a b d),
but (>>>) has the dual type (a b c -> a c d -> a b d).  So it's really
"cocompose", which, of course, can be shortened to "mpose".

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/attachments/20080218/ca21e815/attachment.htm

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list