[Haskell-cafe] Re: Working with multiple time zones

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Mon Feb 18 04:25:47 EST 2008

Don Stewart wrote:

> Perhaps we should get a binding to tzset in the unix library?

That's probably preferable to calling tzset() before every localtime_r.
But perhaps we want a call that combines the putenv and the tzset, just
so it exposes fewer implementation details.

This is essentially an interface to the zoneinfo database rather than
time functionality as such. Ideally there would be a better C interface
to zoneinfo that wouldn't involve mucking around with (global)
environment variables.

--
Ashley Yakeley
Seattle, WA