[Haskell-cafe] Re: Doubting Haskell

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sun Feb 17 12:56:21 EST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 1:12 AM, Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> And left is not the opposite of correct. That would be incorrect.
>
> Also, it is not clear to me that a failure to read a file (for
> instance) is incorrect behaviour. If the file doesn't exist, then I
> think it ought to be considered correct behaviour to fail to read the
> file.

Well, of course correct behavior is to cope with both cases in
the most appropriate way.

If it's any consolation to those of the left handed persuasion, I
guessed
it wrong - I have used Either in this way, but Left was Success and
Right was Failure.  I don't enjoy puns, and mapped to an A/B form
it seemed obvious that Success is A.

	Donn Cave, donn at avvanta.com