[Haskell-cafe] ANN: two new packages: carray, fft

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu Feb 14 16:22:58 EST 2008

Hopefully these are mature enough to be generally useful.  I would
appreciate any comments regarding the interface.  The FFTW API is not
particularly nice for building a pure interface on.  Some of the
transforms could be made slightly faster at the expense of a much
nastier interface, but unless someone needs the extra few percent, or is
pushing the memory limits on their machine, I'm not inclined to expose
the underlying nastiness.

* carray     A C-compatible array library.
    Provides both an immutable and mutable (in the IO monad) interface.
    Includes utilities for multi-dimensional arrays, slicing and norms.
    Memory is 16-byte aligned by default to enable use of SIMD
    instructions.

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/carray

* fft        Bindings to the FFTW library.
    Provides high performance discrete fourier transforms in arbitrary
    dimensions.  Include transforms of complex data, real data, and real
    to real transforms.

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/fft

Jed