[Haskell-cafe] Re: Implementing fixed-sized vectors (using datatype algebra?)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Feb 13 19:56:11 EST 2008

Concerning "parametrized" vs "parameterized"
On 12 Feb 2008, at 11:21 pm, Wolfgang Jeltsch asked:
> What spelling is more common?

Strictly speaking, there is no such word in English as "parametrized".
There is no general morphological rule "Xer => Xrized" in English.
The only spelling accepted by the OED is "parameterized",
which annoys me because I prefer the -ise- spelling.

Amusingly, one of the quotations in the www.oed.com entry for
"parameterized" actually spells it "parametrized"; I don't know whether
the source had it that way or whether the data entry error was at the
OED.