[Haskell-cafe] A question about "monad laws"

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Feb 12 06:20:50 EST 2008

Ian wrote, in the Trac ticket:
> Thanks for the patch, but I see a couple of problems:
> ...If you still think that this change should be made then
> I think that it should go through the library submissions process:
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

The "wontfix" resolution does not mean that the patch
was rejected. It just means that there are reasons for
and against it, so GHC HQ is not unilaterally implementing
it without giving the community a chance to discuss the
issues. I think that is an admirable attitude.

If you feel that this issue is important, why not go
ahead and start the process to get it adopted?

Regards,
Yitz