[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: nano-hmac 0.2.0

Hitesh Jasani hitesh.jasani at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 03:10:59 EST 2008

Don Stewart <dons <at> galois.com> writes:

> Shall we merge nano-md5 into this lib, and deprecate nano-md5 itself?
> Seems like a good time to consolidate, and produce a single openssl
> binding.

It's tempting, but I would really hate to lose nano-md5 as it is
today.  I thought your concept was a great idea to inspire people to
start small to get a feel for developing Haskell libraries.  The
current nano-md5 serves as a really good example.

In the Ruby community there are many small libraries that do one,
simple focused task.  There are times when this is a virtue over
libraries that try to be all encompassing.  It's weird but I would
have thought the Haskell community would have more embraced small
libraries also since they may be more composable.

- Hitesh