[Haskell-cafe] Announce: Melbourne Functional Programming Union

Bernie Pope bjpop at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Feb 12 00:14:02 EST 2008

Hello Haskellers,

After a few years hiatus, I'm pleased to announce that the Melbourne
Functional Programming Union
(FPU) is back.

What is the FPU? It is a group of people who are interested in all
things functional programming.
We hold regular informal talks, and have friendly discussions
afterwards. We are situated
at the University of Melbourne (Australia), but the Union is open to
all comers. Obviously it helps if
you live near this part of the World.

To give you an idea of the kinds of things we talk about, here is a
list of our most recent topics:
    - the GHCi debugger
    - Arrows for parser combinators
    - a curious stack overflow in Haskell
    - a demonstration of Coq
    - deriving monads from vague ideas in several easy steps (this
coming Friday)

Here is our old outdated web page for historical reference:
    http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/fpu/
A new page is under construction.

At the moment, talks are held on Fridays, 1-2pm, in the ICT Building
at Melbourne Uni.

Contact Bernie Pope if you are interested in participating in the FPU.