[Haskell-cafe] question concerning ANSI "void *"

Galchin Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:13:46 EST 2008

Let's take a concrete but "made up" case .. suppose we want to call through
to pthread_create and pass the (void *) argument to pthread_create which in
turn gets interpreted by the pthread that is launched. How would one
populate the C struct that is passed to the launched pthread keeping in mind
that this C struct is variable in length? From the FFI how would one model
this C struct?

Thanks, Vasili