[Haskell-cafe] Draft chapters of "Real World Haskell" now publicly available

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Thu Feb 7 12:33:06 EST 2008

Interesting. Thanks for the reply.

It might be nice to have some performance benchmarks for all these experimental systems, so we can compare them.

I could understand that performance might be an issue for games, but for GUIs? I mean many imperative GUI systems use rather slow message dispatching systems, and we use those every day. Look at the new Windows Presentation Foundation system found in VISTA. Here events are broadcasted and routed through the whole element tree. This is also rather slow I guess.