[Haskell-cafe] Re: bimap 0.2

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Tue Feb 5 07:33:05 EST 2008

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Yes, an MTL dependency is nothing to worry about at all, and isn't
> worth even thinking about removing given its actually used.

I would appreciate haskell98 portability!

We have a similar module, too, and would switch to a standard (if bimap
becomes it).

We've called it "injective maps". Does surjectivity make sense a all?
Our other names are bad, but maybe "transpose" or "inverse" is better
than "twist" (viewing maps as finite functions).

Our delete function takes both values as input, possibly deleting two
entries, but your two delete functions make more sense.

http://www.dfki.de/sks/hets/src-distribution/daily/Hets/docs/Common-InjMap.html
or
http://www.dfki.de/sks/hets/src-distribution/versions/Hets/docs/Common-InjMap.html

Cheers Christian