[Haskell-cafe] Adding gcc type options with cabal (e.g. -mno-cygwin)

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 06:01:46 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 00:10 -0500, Berlin Brown wrote:

> It looked like it passed the option, but didn't resolve the issue.
> Anyone seen that before?  See error in previous post.

GHC is not a cygwin program. It does not use the cygwin gcc, it always
uses its own gcc anyway (which happens to be a mingwin binary) so
-mno-cygwin should not make any difference to the mingwin gcc.

I'd advice using mingw + msys with ghc under windows rather than cygwin.
Or use neither and just use a console.

Duncan