[Haskell-cafe] Re: Implementing fixed-sized vectors (using datatype algebra?)

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:44:04 EST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 8:27 PM, Wolfgang Jeltsch <g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> wrote:
> Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 13:22 schrieben Sie:
> > I don't still know how many people would be interested in using the
> > type-level library so, again, I think it won't hurt to include the
> > TH-generated aliases and then change it if some non-GHC user rants
> > about it.
>
> Okay, let's do so for now.

Actually, I was considering to conditionally include the TH code or
not depending on the compiler (using Cabal configurations).

I thought "that should make everyone happy". Then, I realized we
agreed to make use of infix type constructors anyway (which seems to
be a GHC-only extension, tell me if I'm wrong), so the TH dependency
is not that important anymore (unless we decide to avoid infix type
constructors)

> > I'll host the project in community.haskell.org, do you have an account
> > there?
>
> Now, I haven't. :-(

Well, you can request one at
http://community.haskell.org/admin/account_request.html if you want

Otherwise I'll take the maintainer role.

> > PS: BTW, I asked Oleg for permission and, as expected, agreed to
> > create the library under a BS-D license.
>
> Great.  So the packages you create now will be released under BSD3, right?

Yes, that's the intention.