[Haskell-cafe] modeling ANSI C structs in Haskell?

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:15:15 EST 2008

Vasili,

On 04/02/2008, at 10:04 PM, Galchin Vasili wrote:

>       I am reading through the FFI doc. Any suggestions on enabling
> Haskell programmers to model ANSI C structs that will be passed down
> to C run-time?

The FFI spec is a wonderful document, but is of limited use in
learning to use the FFI for practical tasks. I suggest you look into
c2hs or some other tool that tries to help you with marshalling data
structures (as compared to providing mechanisms sufficient for doing
marshalling).

I suggest you do this even if you don't end up using a tool, as the
generated Haskell has some carefully designed idioms that will
definitely help.

cheers
peter