[Haskell-cafe] Cabal, GHC, FFI and Visual Studio on Windows

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Feb 2 13:50:58 EST 2008

Duncan Coutts wrote:
[..]
> It would be reasonable to use the system C compiler rather than ghc,
> however we will have to do more work to find what extra include dirs get
> used and have Cabal pass those.
>
> Currently we pass the -package flags to ghc which ghc uses to look up
> what include dirs those packages add, and then it calls the C compiler
> with those extra include dirs. Cabal would have to do that itself.

Well it sounds like I'll have to settle for a two-step build procedure
for the time being.  Luckily I managed to recall the existence of CMake
just today, so it seems I can make my Haskell-hacking-on-Windows
experience somewhat bearable...

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman