[Haskell-cafe] Who started 42, and when?

Loup Vaillant loup.vaillant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 09:03:05 EST 2008

I have read quite a lot of Haskell papers, lately, and noticed that
the number 42 appeared quite often, in informal tutorials as well as
in very serious research papers. No wonder Haskell is the Answer to
The Great Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything, but I would
like to know who started this, and when.

Google wasn't much help, and I can't believe it's coincidence --hence
this email. I hope I didn't opened some Pandora box. :-)

Cheers,
Loup