[Haskell-cafe] Announce: CC-delcont 0.2

Dan Doel dan.doel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 05:55:25 EST 2008

Hello all,

After much distraction and laziness on my part (my apologies), I have finally
gotten around to putting together a new release of the delimited
continuations library CC-delcont. It is now available on hackage.

Relevant changes include:

    * Now builds in GHC-6.8.x
    * Builds with -Wall (and the code was cleaned up to make as little noise
       as possible)
    (Thanks to gwern for the above)

Also included is a new module, Control.Monad.CC.Cursor, which provides some
functions for reifying traversals into cursors that can be passed around and
manipulated. It's still in its infancy, but I hope to eventually include
generalized zippers and such.

GHC 6.8 or greater is required to build, and haddock 2.0 or greater is
required to generate the documentation.

Links:

    * hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/CC-delcont-0.2
    * darcs: http://code.haskell.org/~dolio/CC-delcont/
    * a brief tutorial: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/CC-delcont
       (I've not had too much feedback on this, so if anyone has trouble
        following some sections, or has ideas on how to better explain
        delimited continuations, changes are welcome.)

Once again, if you discover any bugs, or have any suggestions, don't hesitate
to let me know.

-- Dan Doel