[Haskell-cafe] Re: Missing Network Functions

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 19:55:16 EST 2008

I want to group them with Network functions because traditionally
these specific
functions *are* in networking packages.

On *nix systems, the prototypes reside in <netinet/in.h>. On Windows they
reside in <winsock2.h> and one must link against libws2_32.

The package I have locally supports all platforms. It just does a foreign
import of the function (and uses a preprocessor definition to pick the
calling convention).

One could make an argument to add these sorts of functions to Word and Int
packages.

/jve