[Haskell-cafe] Re: Timing difference

Aai bradypus at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 25 05:52:39 EST 2008

Compiled timing (point free version: doesn't matter though as mentioned
by Bulat):

..> ghc -O2 ./../Puzzels/Rosetta/probabilistic_choice.hs  -o proba
..> time ./proba

real    0m9.975s
user    0m9.765s
sys     0m0.212s

GHCi:
(12.26 secs, 2470869600 bytes)

So about 20 pct faster than interpreted point free: not world shaking.
May be there's a compile optimization that I'm not aware of.

Thanks

=@@i