[Haskell-cafe] Timing difference

Aai bradypus at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 25 05:16:20 EST 2008

Hi Bulat,

That I (can) understand, but of course the main question is: is point
free in (some/several/all) cases faster than the more readable lambda
construction? That's to say when executed in GHCi. I noticed this
behavior before (pity I haven't other examples at hand). In prog. lang.
J ( http://www.jsoftware.com/index.html ) I see the same behavior
difference with tacit (like point free) and explicit programming: tacit
being faster in several (not all) occasions.

Thanks

=@@i