[Haskell-cafe] Time for a new logo?

ksvanhorn kevin at ksvanhorn.com
Mon Dec 22 21:18:20 EST 2008

Looking over the New_logo_ideas page, my vote is for the "snowflake" logo:

http://haskell.org/sitewiki/images/9/98/Haskell-Symstar.png

(I would simplify it, though, by removing the motto "pure - lazy - fun".)

I like this logo because it works well on two different levels.  For those
in the know, the lambda and >>= symbols suggest monads and first-class
functions, two important features of the language.  For those unfamiliar
with Haskell or functional programming, the logo still looks pretty cool and
manages to suggest mathematical beauty.