[Haskell-cafe] Re: [reactive] problem with unamb -- doesn't kill enough threads

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:48:33 EST 2008

Sounds like you should use an exception handler so that when the parent
dies it also kills its children.  Be very careful with race conditions ;-)

For a good example of how to do this sort of thing, see

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/System-Timeout.html

the docs are sadly missing the source links at the moment, I'm not sure
why, but you can find the source in

http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/base/System/Timeout.hs

Cheers,
	Simon