[Haskell-cafe] Haskell as a religion

Daniel van den Eijkel dvde at gmx.net
Thu Dec 18 09:45:54 EST 2008

as some german right-hegelian thinkers of the beginning of the 20th
century noticed, the hegelian system is missing what we call 'action'.
the whole system can be described as a timeless and closed set of
invariant relations between parts of the world, which can also be seen
as gods thinking. this critique is similar to the marxist turn of the
hegelian philosophy.

now, thinking of an timeless set of invariant relations, that should be
extended by some concept of action, reminds me of haskell's monads. so I
would say, haskell is not a revolutionary movement itself, its just a
(or: THE) vehicle of the revolutionary progress that started 200 years
ago (some might say, 2000 years ago).
it's the place where the 'spirit of the world' comes to itself in these
days...

just kidding.

daniel