[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] possible bug in pretty-1.0.1.0

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 07:57:30 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 08:17 -0800, John MacFarlane wrote:
> I noticed a difference in how "hang" works between pretty-1.0.0.0 and
> pretty-1.0.1.0. I think it's a bug. If this isn't the right place to
> report it, please let me know where I should.  (Maintainer is listed
> as libraries at haskell.org, but that is a closed mailing list.  Perhaps
> Cabal should include a report-bugs-at field?)

I'd just like to advertise the fact that as of Cabal-1.6 you can put a
bug-reports field in your .cabal file and it will be displayed by
hackage.

We would like to encourage all package authors to use this. It can be a
mailto: url to a maintainer or mailing list or it can be a http: url to
a bug tracker website.

(Cabal-1.6 also supports specifying darcs/git/whatever repos)

Duncan