[Haskell-cafe] Re: Time for a new logo?

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Wed Dec 17 11:58:41 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 08:42 -0500, Darrin Thompson wrote:

> If you play with the angles and vary the stroke thicknesses you'll
> probably get a friendlier look, vs. the military/airline look these
> have now. The first '>' doesn't have to be the same thickness as the
> lambda.
>
> Just another $0.02 us. Thanks for running with it. Those look like I imagined.

Thanks for the feedback. I've made two versions[1][2] with subtle
rounded edges, although now it becomes evident that I have no design
skills. :)

I tried giving them varying thicknesses, but I couldn't get anything to
look quite right. Everybody is welcome to hack it; I've uploaded a PSD
[3] (Photoshop src file); unfortunately, I don't have Illustrator and
Inkscape is failing to compile. It might be easier for people to hack if
somebody could convert this to an Inkscape file. :-/

> X monad could have a variant of this logo too. >X= (That's how I
> originally thought of it, just was too lazy to post it anywhere. Sorry
> about that.)

I like that too; not sure what to do for Yi, though.

Anybody mind if I add these to the wiki, too? I feel like I'm taking up
tons of space, there.

Jeff Wheeler

[1] http://media.nokrev.com/junk/haskell-logos/logo8.png
[2] http://media.nokrev.com/junk/haskell-logos/logo9.png