[Haskell-cafe] Yampa vs. Reactive

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 03:01:37 EST 2008

On 17 Dec 2008, at 03:14, Tony Hannan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone describe the advantages and disadvantages of the Yampa
> library versus the Reactive library for functional reactive
> programming, or point me to a link.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony
>
> P.S. It is hard to google for Yampa and Reactive together because
> "reactive" as in "function reactive programming" always appears with
> Yampa

Advantages of Yampa:
• Just at the moment, slightly more polished.
• (maybe) harder to introduce space/time leaks.

Advantages of Reactive:
• More functional programming like -- doesn't require you to use
arrows everywhere, and supports a nice applicative style.
• In very active development.
• Active community.

Hope that helps -- my personal preference is that Reactive is the one
I'd use for any FRP project at the moment.

Bob