[Haskell-cafe] Problem with haddock 2.3.0 (again)

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 04:11:42 EST 2008

2008/12/12 Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk>:
> Let's see what David thinks. If he thinks is possible to fix these kinds
> of things where haddock is not covering the whole GHC AST (at least to
> the degree where it can ignore bits it does not understand). If that's
> not realistic in the short term then we probably should introduce some
> haddock version macro so that people can workaround it.

Haddock already tries to filter out declarations that it can't (or
shouldn't) handle. I think that works well, although it's possible it
can be improved. If we find a case where more filtering is needed,
it's an easy fix to make.

In this case, we can't filter out the TH declarations (since the code
might then not compile),  but we can perhaps fix the root-cause in the
short-term (I'm not sure about that, but I hope so).

So let's wait with the flag until we find something that can't be
filtered out and for which we don't have a short-term fix?

David