[Haskell-cafe] Problem with haddock 2.3.0 (again)

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Thu Dec 11 10:26:24 EST 2008

> > Now, I'm trying to use #ifndef __HADDOCK__ / #endif around those same
> > modules, and I'm still running into the same internal Haddock error:
> >
> > > haddock: internal Haddock or GHC error: Maybe.fromJust: Nothing
> >
> > I've been using "cabal haddock" to run haddock on my package. I also
> > get the same error using haddock directly:
> >
> > > $ haddock -odir=tmp --debug --verbose --html
> > Generics/EMGM.hs
> > > haddock: internal Haddock or GHC error: Maybe.fromJust: Nothing

The above is true, but then I ran it with --optghc=-D__HADDOCK__ and that
fixed the problem. You see, I didn't know who was actually defining the
__HADDOCK__ macro. Now, after looking at code for Haddock and Cabal, I
realize it's Cabal.

Does Cabal 1.6.0.1 actually define this macro? I don't see it listed when I
run cabal-install with --verbose=3, but I don't know if it's supposed to be
printed.

Regards,
Sean