[Haskell-cafe] Can my type be allowed as return type in FFI?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Dec 10 07:44:19 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:30:56PM +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> If do recommend reading the FFI spec. It's quite readable and explains a
> lot of the issues. Getting familiar with the Foreign libraries will help
> too. The most important bits are understanding ForeignPtr and the
> Storable class.

I would also add the chapter 17 of Real World Haskell. you can read it

It will guide you through the writing of the bindings to the PCRE
library. Very useful and nicely conceived.

A good collection of Storable instances that I found very helpful in
understanding the subject can be found in the X11 bindings.

Hope this helps,