[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: haskell-src-exts 0.4.4

Lemmih lemmih at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 04:03:05 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Niklas Broberg
<niklas.broberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are SrcSpan's on the TODO list?
>
> Seeing how this is the first I hear of them, I can't say that they
> have been, but they could be. :-)
>
> Could you give me a rundown on what usecases you'd need SrcSpans for,
> and where HSE currently fails you in this regard?

Many editors can find source spans in error messages and highlight the
indicated code.
Source analysing tools such as HPC or global dead code eliminators
often need to annotate the code.

These are just the use cases I've personally encountered. I'm sure
there are more just waiting to be developed.

  Lemmih