[Haskell-cafe] Haskell project proposals reddit

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Tue Dec 9 23:34:20 EST 2008

I'd like to echo Jason's remarks earlier.

    http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell_proposals/

We've tried for a couple of years now to efficiently track 'wanted
libraries' for the community, but never with much success.

In particular, two approaches have been tried:

    * a wiki page
    * the 200{6,7,8} summer of code trac

neither proved workable long term, likely because no one knew about
them, they're harder to contribute to and other factors.

Now I know there's a lot of spare Haskell capacity in this community.
3000 mailing list readers, but only 70 new libraries a week being
uploaded to Hackage --- that's not how we take over the world!

So this is your chance to contribute:

    * propose new libraries, and explain why you'd want them
    * vote on things you'd like to see
    * pick up tasks that sound interesting

Let's try to make this work!

-- Don