[Haskell-cafe] class method name scope

Luke Palmer lrpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:14:45 EST 2008

I have never run into such an issue.  Typically classes tend to have the
smallest possible basis of methods.  I would consider a class with more than
about 10 or 15 methods (including superclasses' methods) to indicate poor
design.  That is just a rough heuristic.

But you're right, it would be nice if name qualification applied to classes
as well, so that we wouldn't have to worry about it at all.