[Haskell-cafe] two type-level programming questions

Ryan Ingram ryani.spam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:31:38 EST 2008

Sort of.  I believe you can use type equality constraints to replace
the use of TypeCast; that is, in any code that looks like:

> instance TypeCast a HTrue => ...

you can write

> instance (a ~ HTrue) => ...

(at least, it has worked for me that way)

This at least makes me feel a bit more monadic (warm & fuzzy!) than
the indecipherable magic that is the declaration of
TypeCast/TypeCast'/TypeCast''

  -- ryan