[Haskell-cafe] Gluing pipes

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 13:52:04 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Matt Hellige <matt at immute.net> wrote:
>  \ f x y z -> f x z y == id ~> flip
> It's not clear to me whether your operad class can express this (or
> whether operads in general can express this)

There exists an operad that can (at the cost of even more notation),
but you're right that the specific operad that I implemented can't.

Actually, if you look at the papers, mathematicians do have a
perfectly good notation for this, and it'd be cool if there were a
programming language that supported it well: drawing diagrams!

Johannes Waldmann said:

> Well, there is Combinatory Logic.

But it's not known for its ease of use :-)
--
Dan