[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: gitit 0.2 release - wiki using HAppS, git, pandoc

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 3 10:44:35 EST 2008

+++ Hugo Pacheco [Dec 03 08 09:36 ]:
>    Good morning,
>    I wonder if it is possible to embed regular HTML code inside gitit (on
>    0.3.2) pages, such as java applets like the following.
>    <APPLET CODE = "GHood.class" ARCHIVE = "GHood.jar" WIDTH = 1100 HEIGHT =
>    400 ALT = "you should see an instance of GHood here, as an applet"> <PARAM
>    NAME = "eventSource" VALUE ="factHylo.log"> <PARAM NAME = "delay" VALUE
>    ="150"> <PARAM NAME = "scale" VALUE ="75"> </APPLET>
>    I am assuming that as a wiki, it is only possible to point to external
>    pages.
>    Thanks,
>    hugo

Of course you can put any HTML you like in the page template
(template.html).  But I assume you are asking about HTML inside the wiki
pages themselves. Although markdown allows embedded HTML, gitit uses pandoc's
HTML sanitization feature, so things that might be dangerous (like
applets) will be filtered out and replaced by comments.

You could easily modify the code to remove the santitization feature.
Just change the textToPandoc function so that stateSanitizeHtml is set to
False.

John