[Haskell-cafe] gmp license == no commercial/closed source haskell software ??

Lionel Barret De Nazaris lionel at gamr7.com
Wed Dec 3 09:36:14 EST 2008

I've just discovered the GMP license problem. (see
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ReplacingGMPNotes)

 From my understanding, the gmp is GPL, GHC statically links it on windows.
As a consequence, any program compiled using GHC must be distributed
under a GPL compatible license.

In the threads I've read, some workarounds are proposed on linux and
OsX, but I didn't see anything on windows.

Is the situation still the same  ?
Does anybody know a work-around to make a closed-source programm in
haskell without violating the GPL ?

( Note this could block Haskell in our company. )

--
Best Regards,
lionel Barret de Nazaris,