[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] GHC 6.10 and OpenGL

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 12:23:44 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 16:55 +0000, Claus Reinke wrote:

> But when I actually try to build anything using (yes, I know the explicit
> package flags aren't needed with --make)
>
>     ghc --make -package OpenGL -package GLUT something.hs
>
> I get nothing but undefined references in the linking phase.
>
>     C:\Program Files\Haskell\GLUT-2.1.1.2\ghc-6.11.20081202/libHSGLUT-2.1.1.2.a(Window.o):fake:
> (.text+0x15): undefined reference to `glutWarpPointer'

Does ghc-pkg describe OpenGL tell you that the package needs some gl C
lib? Eg "ld-options: -lGLU -lGL -lm"

When you ghc --make -v, is it actually linking to a gl C lib?

> Btw, is the format for the cabal config file documented somewhere?
> I though I had set documentation to True.

At the moment only in the config file itself. It lists all the fields
(commented out) and where there are default values it lists those too.

Duncan