[Haskell-cafe] Scala job in Boston writing quantitative finance software

Paul Chiusano paul.chiusano at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:11:06 EST 2008

Hi folks,

The company I work for, ClariFI (http://clarifi.com/), is looking to hire
developers with a strong background in functional programming to do a
mixture of Scala and Java programming. It's fine if you don't happen to know
Scala but are strong in Haskell - we are looking for people who really "get"
FP and who we could turn loose designing and implementing clean, functional
code in Scala once up to speed with the language. You'd also work on
extending existing Scala modules and integrating the library code you write
with application code written in Java. For more info, check out our official
job posting:
http://www.clarifi.com/About-ClariFI-Careers.php#SoftwareEngineer

Some background on us: ClariFI is a small company (about 15 developers) that
specializes in software for quantitative investment management. Our chief
product, ModelStation, is used by portfolio managers for handling all stages
of the quant process: building and backtesting of factors, portfolio
optimization, simulation of trading strategies, performance and risk
attribution, overall data management (including organizing huge amounts of
time series data pulled from a diverse set of raw sources), and lots
more. We don't expect you to have a background in finance but you should be
willing and able to learn a lot once you start.

This position is in our Boston office, so you must live or be willing to
relocate here in order to be considered. If you're interested, send an email
to myself or my boss, Scott McFarland (smcfarland at clarifi.com), along with
your resume. Also, feel free to contact either of us if you just have
questions about the position.

Cheers,
Paul