[Haskell-cafe] Valid Haskell characters

Deborah Goldsmith dgoldsmith at mac.com
Mon Aug 25 21:31:19 EDT 2008

You can't determine Unicode character properties by analyzing the
names of the characters.

Read chapter 4 of the standard:

and get the property values here:

It sounds like the properties you want are "Case" and "General
Category". Maybe the spec should be more explicit on exactly how the
definitions map onto Unicode properties, so there is no ambiguity.