[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.8.3 package for ArchLinux x86_64

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Aug 15 14:36:04 EDT 2008

> Hello all,
>  Is there any plan to make a package for archlinux x86_64 with (more or
> less) complete GHC 6.8.3 binaries? I know I can download and install
> myself, usually I do so myself, but the reason is to prepare a list of
> packages for others. So far, the 6.8.2 is available.
>  Is there any possibility I could help with it? Some guidelines, how to
> prepare such a package, submit to a right place, etc.

We can certainly host a ghc 6.8.3 package -- these are easy to produce.
However, since it's identical to 6.8.2, functionality-wise, we're not
upgrading officially yet.

If you're interested in Arch/Haskell, I'd also recommend hanging out
in the #arch-haskell IRC channel on freenode, where most design
decisions get discussed.

Finally, I'd like to mention we now have 489 Haskell packages natively
bundled for Arch. :) Kick butt!

-- Don