[Haskell-cafe] announce: Glome.hs-0.3 (Haskell raytracer)

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Apr 18 17:36:32 EDT 2008

Jim Snow wrote:

> The concurrency bug has to do with excessive memory use, and was
> discussed earlier here on the mailing list (search for Glome).

Interesting.  I looked at your test case.  I can reproduce your problem
when I build with the threaded runtime and run with a single core, but
not if I use +RTS -N2.  Did you overlook the possibility that you may
not have told GHC how many cores to use?

Also, your code is sprinkled with many more strictness annotations than
it needs.