[Haskell-cafe] 'data' syntax - a suggestion

Albert Y. C. Lai trebla at vex.net
Thu Sep 27 16:07:51 EDT 2007

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:
> Data with where?
> You haven't heard about GADTs?

To avoid clashing with GADT's "where", I propose to rename ok's keyword
to "wherein", or "wheretype", or something

data B k v = E | F b b wherein type b = B k v

data B k v = E | F b b wheretype b = B k v

(I also propose that ok should not just take an existing unrelated
thread like "Unicode string library", click "reply", and herein talk
about a new topic; but rather, should take the necessary extra effort to
start a new thread altogether.)