[Haskell-cafe] PROPOSAL: Rename haskell@ to haskell-announce@

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Wed Sep 26 00:37:23 EDT 2007

#3:
Expand your mind. Escape that mailing-list jail. Consider how you browse
YouTube (I know: bored, thoughtless, and with regret afterwards) -- it's a
combination of what you're looking for (the video, the comments, the
user who submitted the video) and not (related videos, editors picks,
banner ads for famous people's vids -- i.e. serendipity).

The root of it is that the cafe is growing to a capacity no mere [employed]
mortal can read in its entirety. We've got to allow for a selection
algorithm that gets people to read what they *know* they want as well as
what they *don't* know they want (e.g. this very discussion... maybe).

Yes, I suppose the above doesn't require a new protocol -- mailing-list +
funny-ass MUA would do.

This doesn't preclude the s/haskell/\1-announce/, though. The mailing
list is 95% that, now. Might as well seal the deal.

Devin