[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Cheat Sheet?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:19:39 EDT 2007

On 9/25/07, brad clawsie <clawsie at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:04:56PM -0700, Evan Klitzke wrote:
> > Has anybody made (or have a link to) a Haskell reference cheat
> > sheet?
>
> the zvon ref is pretty close:
>
> http://www.zvon.org/other/haskell/Outputglobal/index.html
>
> in that it includes an overview of operators and common apis
>
> nice that it is in html. the pdf thing seems a bit contrived to me.

That's not really the same thing, if I'm understanding the original question
correctly.  I think the main points of such a cheat sheet would be that it
is (a) organized *logically* (as opposed to zvon which is organized
alphabetically) and (b) able to be easily (and beautifully) printed out.
It's the kind of thing you would keep on your desk, right next to the
keyboard, and you'd flip through it now and then when you have questions
like, "now, what was the name of that function again?  some? init? take? I
forget."  or, "which Arrow combinator do I want, (***) or (&&&)?  I always
get them confused."  It could also include things like some of Cale's fold
diagrams, funny quotes from #haskell, and so on. =)

Anyway, I think it's a great idea.  Maybe tomorrow I will start a wiki page
to organize/discuss what information should be on such a "Haskell cheat
sheet".  No one's ever made one as far as I know.

-Brent =)*