[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] PROPOSAL: Rename haskell@to haskell-announce@

Andrzej Jaworski himself at poczta.nom.pl
Tue Sep 25 07:54:11 EDT 2007

> (...) I subscribe to haskell so as not to miss
> anything important, and when something I'm interested in moves to
> haskell-cafe, (...)

Wrong assumption. Even if you know the author it makes more sense to wait and
see how others respond to his newest input. This means that you should check up
Cafe first to see if it is worth moving to Cafe;-)
Another false believe is that best things appear first in Haskell at . On the
contrary, long threads in Cafe indicate that participants know what to expect of
each other and pick up a thread on the same principle some pick up new Stephen
King novel. Before reviews on the amazon.com publishers had to result to tricks
like labelling a collection of science fiction stories by various lesser known
authors with Isaac Asimov name even when his only cotribution was a preface.

As I said ealier - really big traffic will need intelligent screening and
lebbeling. And to what pathology it leads when unattended see
comp.soft-sys.matlab.

Cheers,
-Andrzej Jaworski