[Haskell-cafe] PROPOSAL: New efficient Unicode string library.

Vitaliy Akimov vitaliy.akimov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 04:17:33 EDT 2007

Hi, thanks for proposal,
Why questions connected with converting are considered only?
The library i18n should give a number of other services such as
normalization, comparison, sorting, etc.
Furthermore it's not so easy to keep such library up to date.
Why simply do not make a bindings to IBM ICU
(http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp) library
which is up to date unicode implementation?

Vitaliy.