[Haskell-cafe] PROPOSAL: New efficient Unicode string library.

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 18:52:29 EDT 2007

Dear haskell-cafe,

I would like to propose a new, ByteString like, Unicode string library
which can be used where both efficiency (currently offered by
ByteString) and i18n support (currently offered by vanilla Strings)
are needed. I wrote a skeleton draft today but I'm a bit tired so I
didn't get all the details. Nevertheless I think it fleshed out enough
for some initial feedback. If I can get the important parts nailed
down before Hackathon I could hack on it there.

Apologies for not getting everything we discussed on #haskell down in
the first draft. It'll get in there eventually.

Bring out your Unicode kung-fu!

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/UnicodeByteString

Cheers,

Johan Tibell