[Haskell-cafe] PROPOSAL: Rename haskell@ to haskell-announce@

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 19:09:35 EDT 2007

Hi

> I agree.  Unless... do some people subscribe to haskell@ (not
> haskell-cafe@) and like the existing stuff that's sent there (not all
> announcements... I'm not sure if I'd call e.g. Oleg's occasional
> demonstrations "announcements" even)?

There are four things sent to the haskell list@

1) Calls for papers
2) Annoucements
3) Oleg's stuff (which are really announcements of a library or technique)
4) Off topic stuff

I'm initially only proposing to mop up category 4, which I am pretty
sure the haskell@ people don't want to see.

I did wonder whether this discussion should take place on the haskell@
list or the haskell-cafe@ one - the great ambiguity of the lists.

> > (more, but can be done step by step in the future)
>
> Maybe, but I'm doubtful... (it might seem different to me in a year
> though, i.e. some amount of time after a -->haskell-announce@ change has
> been made.)

This proposal has nothing to do with any future steps. They may
happen, they may not, but I think this proposal is worthwhile on its
own.

Thanks

Neil