[Haskell-cafe] GHC 6.7 on Windows / containers-0.1 package?

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Fri Sep 21 17:41:44 EDT 2007

> STG is a very pretty island, but it's just that - an island.  If you
> want to see the Big Picture, I can only recommend SPJ's 1987 (except for
> the optimization section, almost everything is still true) book:
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/slpj-book-1987/slpj-book-1987.djvu
>
> Stefan

Well, if the sun shines on that island, I wouldn't mind spending a
holiday over there ;-)

1987??? Gee, I was still programming in 6502 & 68000 assembler then :-)
Of course, I guess one could not use Haskell back then to make a
videogame on home computers with 64KB of RAM ;-)

Is this still up-to-date with the way GHC/GHCi work internally? Then
I'll certainly check it out.

Thanks,
Peter